Man Threatens Trump With Bullet to Head

A federal prosecutor has requested an arrest warrant for a Providence, Rhode Island man charged with threatening to kill President Donald Trump and other senior federal officials, citing multiple violations of his pretrial release conditions.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Dulce Donovan filed a motion seeking the arrest of Carl D. Montague, 37, who faces federal charges for posting violent threats on the social media platform Truth Social. A federal judge denied the warrant request on Wednesday, November 26, 2025, but scheduled an in-person bond revocation hearing for December 9, 2025.

The exact quote from Montague’s June 27, 2025 Truth Social post was, “It’s a shame you won’t get to see the end of your *—ing term, because I’m gonna make sure I put a bullet [right] between your *—ing head you piece of ****, you, Pam Bondi. Stephen *—ing miller, all you b—s are gonna get a *—ing bullet to the head every single *—ing one of you.”

In her motion, Donovan outlined a pattern of violations since Montague’s arraignment on August 18, 2025. “Since his August 18, 2025, arraignment, (Montague) has four times violated his conditions of pretrial release by consuming alcohol,” Donovan said in her motion. The prosecutor said Montague had consumed alcohol four times since August, despite court orders requiring him to abstain. He also failed to seek employment as required by his release conditions and has not maintained proper contact with pretrial services.

The situation escalated on November 21, 2025, when Montague called the location monitoring line after hours and admitted he had been drinking. He told authorities he planned to self-report for treatment, but during the call, he directed profane language toward the United States Probation Office.

Adding to the complications, the Providence halfway house where Montague was required to reside from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. has discharged him, leaving him without an approved home address. Court documents also reveal that Montague lacks a charger for his GPS monitoring device, meaning his location will become unknown once the device’s battery dies.

This is not the prosecutors’ first attempt to have Montague detained. They previously requested he be held in custody, arguing he posed a danger to the targets of his threats and the community. That request was also denied, though the court did impose GPS monitoring and other restrictions.

The charges stem from a profanity-laced post Montague made on Truth Social. According to FBI Special Agent Ciara Corbett’s affidavit, Trump Media and Technology, the parent organization of Truth Social, alerted the United States Secret Service after a threatening message appeared on the platform.

The threat targeted President Trump, Attorney General Pamela Bondi, and White House Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller. Court documents allege that on June 27, 2025, Montague issued threats of gun violence against all three officials.

Federal agents traced the IP address to a Providence halfway house. When agents arrived at the facility, they found the front office closed and could not access the building. They returned on a later visit and located Montague hiding in a bathtub inside an acquaintance’s apartment.

According to court documents, Montague began confessing to making the threats before agents could even introduce themselves or explain why they were there.

When shown a copy of the threatening post, Montague confirmed he had submitted it. He told investigators he had been smoking marijuana at the time and deleted his Truth Social account afterward. He explained he was upset with current politics and expressed his frustrations through the social media platform.

Montague said he did not have a specific reason for targeting Miller and Bondi, noting he simply saw their names in threads and posts he was viewing before making his own post. He claimed he could not even identify Attorney General Bondi.

During his interview with federal agents, Montague expressed remorse for his actions. He stated he had no intentions of shooting or inflicting violence on any government officials and told investigators he does not own or have access to any weapons. He also said he had no plans, intentions, or means to travel to conduct violence.

Following his initial court appearance on July 9, 2025, Montague was released with conditions rather than detained.

On August 13, a federal grand jury subsequently indicted Montague on charges including threats against the president and interstate communications of threats. Donovan is prosecuting the case, which was investigated by the FBI, the United States Secret Service, and the Providence Police Department.

Threats against federal officials and the president carry serious penalties under federal law. The upcoming bond revocation hearing will determine whether Montague’s pretrial release will be revoked based on the alleged violations documented by prosecutors.

━ latest articles

━ explore more

━ more articles like this